Top Rated Exterior Contractors in Shoreline
Update your Shoreline home or commercial property with siding repair and installation from the experts at Cobalt Exteriors, Inc.
Styles change and the weather takes a toll on homes and businesses. Over time, the siding on a home or building will start to degrade, letting rainwater seep into the building and after a decade or two, what was once beautiful siding will start to look outdated. When you notice these problems, it is important to know what to do to keep your property safe from the elements and relevant to newer building styles.
Siding installation and repair can be intimidating even for those who have navigated it before. At Cobalt Exteriors, Inc., our experts understand what you’re up against and we are dedicated to making the process exciting and easy. For over 30 years, our crews have helped owners just like you maintain their properties with siding repair and update their homes and businesses with siding installation. See how easy siding service can be by calling our professionals and getting the process started.
Why Choose Cobalt Exteriors?
Whether siding repair is needed urgently or it is simply time to install new siding on your home, you need a trusted siding contractor with years of proven experience. Cobalt Exteriors, Inc. is the local choice for fast repairs and siding solutions that stand the test of time. Our expert craftsmen can fix any type of siding in a residential or commercial setting as well as install a new siding system on existing or new construction. Call us today to get the process started!
We Have a Solution for You!
Is your roof leaky or damaged? Do you need help designing and installing your new deck or outside lounging area? At Cobalt Exteriors, Inc. we offer a range of solutions, including:
Choosing Between Siding Options
The first thing you will have to do if you decide you need siding installation is to choose between siding colors and styles. Siding manufacturers have done a great job producing products that fit design aesthetics at different price points. So chances are good that you can find a siding product that fits your design goals while also being affordable. Some of the choices that can be made when shopping for siding are:
- Wood: Wood is a popular choice in the area because it has a natural appeal. Additionally, wood products are renewable and eco-friendly so they lower the ecological footprint of a property. Wood takes more upkeep than other siding materials and can be expensive but manufactured wood siding options are available to keep costs lower.
- Vinyl Siding: Vinyl has been one of the most popular choices for decades because of its low cost and versatility. Most homes are clad with vinyl siding and it is available in many colors and finishes. Vinyl has a shorter life expectancy than other materials and also ranks lower for durability.
- Fiber Cement Siding: Cement-reinforced siding, like James Hardie Siding Products, is as strong as you would expect a cement-based product to be. Most manufacturers offer warranties up to 50 years and this material can be repainted to keep up with styles. This is a popular choice with a diverse array of applications but there are cheaper options available.
When Does Siding Need Repairs?
Siding gets punished by the elements constantly, never getting a day off. The result of being always exposed is that the siding can become damaged from time to time. When that happens, the integrity of the property could be compromised so it is important to look out for the signs that the siding is damaged so siding repair can be done urgently. Some of the signs that siding repair is needed are:
- Moldy smells
- High humidity indoors
- An unexplained spike in utilities
- Visible damage
- Warped or cracked siding
- Severe fading and UV damage