Our Exterior Work Builds Your Interior Happiness™
Cedar Siding Service in Woodinville
Serving Woodinville Eastside and Surrounding Areas
Are you considering installing cedar exterior siding on your home or business? Cobalt Exteriors, Inc. has nature’s number one choice for siding materials ready to install.
When it comes to improving the exterior appearance of your home or business you have a lot of options to choose from. Picking out a new siding is both a practical and an aesthetic choice, and cedar siding hits on both marks. Cedar has excellent resistance to insects and rot, making it one of the longest-lasting options available. Additionally, cedar siding is one of the most beautiful natural products that you could choose to beautify your space. At Cobalt Exteriors, Inc, we are your Woodinville exterior siding contractor specializing in siding installation and repair. Our knowledgeable team is ready to go to work for you with the best exteriors solutions available today.
Don’t just take our word for it. Be sure to check our reviews page to hear from homeowners in your area.
- Mold Resistance: Similar to the compounds produced by the cedar tree that repel insects, mold and mildew are also inhibited from growing on cedar substrates. By having wood that is naturally protected from mold, mildew and fungus, the cedar siding products have a high resistance to rot that makes them extremely durable despite constant exposure.
- Renewable: Of all of the siding options available on the market, cedar products are the only ones that are renewable. Most of the cedar used in construction is harvested from managed forests in the Pacific Northwest where harvested lots are replanted after cutting.
The Benefits of Cedar Siding
Cedar siding is one of the oldest options that is still around for construction today. The reason for this is that it has stood the test of time. Even with modern materials and construction methods, few things match up to this natural product. Some of the benefits of cedar siding include:
- Insect Proof: While the cedar tree that your siding is produced from is growing, it provides protective oil-based compounds that protect the tree from insect damage by repelling insects. When the cedar tree is processed for siding, the resulting products benefit from these natural insect repellants by continuing to discourage infestation. Incidentally, these oils are also what gives cedar such a pleasing aroma.
- Low Carbon Footprint: If you’re looking for an environmentally-conscious siding product, cedar is the right choice. Plastic sidings rely on petrochemicals for their production. Metal and fiber board siding options require huge fossil fuel inputs. For cedar, the trees harvest carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and turn it into beneficial products that can be sustainably harvested
- Longevity: Along with being insect and mold resistant, cedar is not vulnerable to degradation from UV light like other siding options. This makes cedar an incredibly cost-effective choice for siding because it is expected to last for decades. Many cedar siding manufacturers offer warranties as great as 25 years for their products.
Common Repair Concerns
Cedar siding is a very reliable material that is expected to last nearly indefinitely with proper care. Therefore, maintenance is one of the most important processes you can have done on it. To get the maximum benefit from your cedar siding, painting, staining, and sealing should be done every 3 to 5 years. During the resealing process, our carpenters can get a good look at the condition of your cedar siding and determine if it needs further repairs.Physical damage is one of the main concerns of siding repair. Lawnmowers, tree limbs, and even birds can cause damage to your siding. When this happens, getting help from the professionals at Cobalt Exteriors, Inc.
Cedar Siding Installation Process
To some, cedar siding may elicit visions of monotone, Old West-style wooden buildings. A raw wood look is timeless, but often cedar gets overlooked as a building material because people don’t understand its versatility. While raw cedar is valued for its natural beauty, it can be stained, painted, and cut to match any intended design.
Some of the common installation methods include:
- Cedar Shakes
- Board And Batten
- Tongue And Groove
- Beveled Siding
- Lapped Siding
Choosing cedar is about choosing one of the best building materials that you can buy. It can be designed to fit nearly any aesthetic so that any design theme you may have will be sure to last for decades.
can help you maintain the integrity of the exterior of your home or business. Our carpenters can come out and patch or replace parts of your siding to restore your property to its original beauty.
Cobalt Is Here to Help!
At Cobalt Exteriors, Inc, we specialize in protecting and enhancing all of your outdoor living spaces. If you’re considering upgrades to your outdoor spaces, please don’t hesitate to call for our expert assistance. We cover everything from siding installation to roofing, decks, and patios. We have options to fit any budget, and we promise to always work with you to find the options that suit your style.
Cobalt Exteriors, Inc. is continuously committed to customer satisfaction for all of our clients in the Woodinville, WA area. When it comes to siding installation, you can count on us to use high-quality materials and long-lasting methods. Call (253) 844-5141 today for our professional solutions.