Professional Siding Installation: What To Expect
Washington-based siding contractors provide a summary of what happens when you get new siding installed.
No Matter What Type of Siding You Choose, The Siding Company Should Make It Easy On You
Home renovation can be both exciting and frustrating. Once the decision to start a project is made, it can be difficult to know what is next, especially if you are working with professionals. The example in this article is siding services. Updating a home with new siding can enhance curb appeal and may give your home the boost in aesthetics that you as the homeowner desire. How should you prepare for siding installation? How much is the responsibility of the pros? That’s what this article is about.
Various Types of New Siding
Choosing the types of siding you want can come down to several factors including price, availability, and durability. If you have any questions about these aspects of siding, be sure to bring it up with your reputable siding contractor when you are making decisions. The types of siding available are many and they can be installed in a variety of ways, including vertical siding.
Here are the options that are most likely to be available to you:
- Cedar Siding
- Fiber Cement Siding
- Metal Siding
- Stone Siding
- Vinyl Siding
- Wood Siding
The most popular choices for both durability and price range are fiber cement siding and vinyl siding. They come in a variety of colors and patterns for a unique look.
What You Should Do To Prepare For Siding Installation
There are only a few things that a homeowner needs to do to prepare their home for siding installation. Making sure hedges and bushes are trimmed if they are near the house and cutting the lawn to make it easier to clean are very helpful steps you can take. You should move your cars and any lawn furniture, etc. away from the house to keep them clear of damage from siding removal. After this, you can sit back and let the professionals take over.
What the Professionals Do
After you have prepared your yard, the siding company comes in and starts to work.
Below are the steps that they will follow:
- Old Siding Removal: The first task is to get the old siding off the house. Usually, the contractor will have some sort of truck bed or dumpster to gather the old siding and haul it off.
- Inspect and Correct: The contractors will then check the layer of insulation and wall underneath the old siding. If there is any repair work needed, it will be done at this time.
- Replace Insulation: The insulation under the old siding often comes off with the siding and likely needs to be replaced anyway before the new siding is installed.
- Install New Siding: This is the penultimate step. The new siding makes the house look almost completely new. It must be installed securely and correctly in order for it to function as it should. Make sure you hire the right people, not just those who will complete the task quickly.
- Clean Up: This final step is incredibly important for safety as well as the appearance of your yard. The workers will do their best to find all the construction mess and remove it.
About Cobalt Exteriors, Inc.
With more than 30 years of experience in siding and other exterior services such as decking and roofing, Cobalt Exteriors, Inc. is the choice for Woodinville, WA, and the surrounding communities. Call today for a free quote!