Siding Contractors In Woodinville, WA Provide Tips For Choosing Siding
Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal With The Right Siding
The siding of a house is often the first thing noticed by passersby and visitors. This is why one of the best ways to boost your home’s curb appeal is to update the siding. New siding installation is like a home renovation facelift: without altering the underlying structure, it makes the building look brand new.
Modern siding is available in dozens of materials, colors, and finishes. This article will walk you through some of the most popular siding options and help you choose which will be best for your home.
Consider Climate When Shopping For Siding
When shopping for new siding, it’s important to consider the climate where you live. You’ll want to research which materials will hold up best in the weather conditions for your area.
Does your house receive a lot of hot, direct sunlight? Does the temperature frequently dip below freezing? Do you get a lot of rain, snow, or ice? How strong are the winds typically? Does your home need to withstand natural disasters like hurricanes, tornados, or earthquakes?
Your answers to these questions should factor into what siding you choose. A professional siding contractor will be able to provide even more insight.
Comparing Types Of Siding
You are probably familiar with the look and feel of vinyl siding, which is the most popular choice for siding. But vinyl is not the only choice by far; nowadays you can find siding in a wide range of materials, with lots of options for color and texture. The variety can be almost overwhelming! Begin with this overview of the most common options:
- Vinyl Siding: Inexpensive and easy to install; available in a wide array of colors. Holds up to UV rays, wind, rain, and snow. Flexible enough to withstand fluctuating temperatures.
- Metal Siding: Low-maintenance, durable, and fire-resistant. Vibrant and colorfast. Slightly more expensive and often requires a layer of insulation underneath. Not easy for a DIY installation.
- Cedar Siding: Beautiful and rustic–usually chosen for aesthetic reasons. Easy to install and biodegradable. Flammable and susceptible to insects. Requires routine upkeep such as staining and waterproofing.
- Stone Siding: Strong and durable, but very expensive to transport and install. Offers a gorgeous antique authenticity. May need occasional repairs due to shifting.
- Veneer Siding: Made of synthetic materials such as cement or PVC resin. Lightweight and cheaper to manufacture and install. Available in a variety of styles, including stone, wood, and brick. Easy to install and maintain, but not sustainably sourced.
- Wood Siding: Low-cost and visually appealing. Easy to install, but needs routine maintenance, including painting or staining. Flammable and easily damaged. May require additional insulation for improved energy efficiency.
- Brick Siding: Very expensive to acquire and install, but low maintenance and durable enough to last a lifetime.
- Stucco Siding: Does not tolerate moisture, but is inexpensive and ideal for hot, dry climates. Easily damaged and requires routine maintenance.
A siding contractor can provide expert advice on choosing the right siding for your location, style, and budget. Consult your local siding company for help with siding services such as maintenance and repair or to get a quote on new siding installation.
Let The Experts At Cobalt Exteriors Help You!
Homeowners in Woodinville, WA have trusted Cobalt Exteriors for all their siding solutions since 1989. The contractors at Cobalt Exteriors are experienced with all types of siding, including cedar, stone, wood, vinyl, and metal. They are also happy to help with windows, doors, gutters, decks, and roofing.